When listening to the score music, it’s important to remember the context of the scenes the music would have been used in.
It’s unfortunate that Birdman was deemed ineligible for this category as the drum work was a memorable, dominating part of that film. However, Johannsson won the Globe for Theory of Everything and looks to have the best change to gain a second victory here. I would prefer Grand Budapest Hotel or Imitation Game to receive the win (both Desplat).
- The Theory of Everything (Jóhann Jóhannsson, first nomination)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat, 7/8 nominations)
- The Imitation Game (Alexandre Desplat, 7/8 nominations)
- Interstellar (Hans Zimmer, 1 win, 10 nominations)
- Mr. Turner (Gary Yershon, first nomination)