Just as the Supporting Actor category had a sure winner, so does Supporting Actress. Boyhood‘s Patricia Arquette made a stunning performance that brought an added life and flair to the entire film. From Birdman, Emma Stone also pulled off a very successful and raucous portrayal that caught us off guard. Keira Knightley was the only actor or actress of The Imitation Game that truly matched Cumberbatch’s skill and was able to hold their own against his vast development. Unfortunately for Stone and Knightley, they’re in a tough category this year and Meryl Streep isn’t even the big news.
- Patricia Arquette (Boyhood) – first nomination
- Emma Stone (Birdman) – first nomination
- Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game) – second nomination
- Laura Dern (Wild) – second nomination
- Meryl Streep (Into the Woods) – nineteenth nomination, three wins