Growing up, one of my favourite things about Halloween was sitting down and watching lots of movies. Of course, they’re not actually scary anymore but the nostalgia is still there.
- Halloweentown. There were 4 of these movies between 1998 and 2006, and they are fantastic. At least, they’re nostalgic and that’s all you can ask from a kid’s film.
- Monsters Inc. Now this isn’t really a Halloween movie, but I’m including it because of the monsters and ‘scare factor.’ It’s one of my favourite kids movies, so I had to squeeze it onto this list.
- Frankenweenie. The Frankenstein concept was so good, and Tim Burton was the best person to make it. There’s little reminders of his earlier films, and it’s still a great movie for adults as well.
- Corpse Bride. Tim Burton makes so many great movies with darker tones, and this is another of his best. I just can’t get enough.
- Ghostbusters. Honestly, I was never a big fan of this movie – but so many people love it so I figured it needed to go onto the list. The original was really cheesy and silly, but that’s what was so fun about it.
What were your favourite movies to watch around Halloween as a kid? Let me know on Twitter @reviewsbylauren, or in the comments below!