predfdfAfter coming in as the runner-up on Nick Viall’s season of The Bachelor, Rachel Lindsay was given the coveted role of Bachelorette. She’s the first black Bachelorette ABC has ever had and brings with her the most diverse group of men, as well. No promises that ABC will actually handle race well throughout the season but… let’s hope.
- Anthony (26)’s face didn’t get me going from the start, but his bio answers are off the charts. He seems super intellectual, interesting, fun, engaging… can I rant anymore about him? Basically, every answer made me like him and I hope that comes across on this season.
- Blake K, 29 and a military vet, seems to have a fun personality from his bios. He didn’t go too serious too often, so that bodes well since Rachel seemed to enjoy goofing around with Nick a lot as well.
- Eric, 29, had an immediate connection with Rachel from their ATFR meeting and I’m smitten. I predicted he would stick around for a while from that short meeting, but his bio was a little lacklustre. Hopefully, his personality just didn’t come across there!
- Josiah, 28, is a prosecuting attorney and he seems driven, well-intentioned, and compassionate. I’m into it.
- Kenny, 35, is a professional wrestler. If that isn’t an interesting career path on this show then I don’t know what is. Not as good as a tickle monster, I guess. He has a daughter and comes across pretty genuine in his bio, so I’m looking forward to him.
- Peter, 31, doesn’t like heights, so you know he’s going to have a cliff-diving date sometime this season. Otherwise, he seems pretty good – smart, kind, willing to get swept away in a 2-month romance… looking good for him!
- Will, 28, has a great smile. He’s practically smizing in his bio photo. Although his bio itself felt pretty short, I liked him (okay, maybe it was from the photo) so I’d like to see what he can bring to the limo exits.
All The Rest:
- Adam, 27, seems like a bit of an eye roll. The most romantic gift he ever received was a threesome for his birthday, and he seems like a cocky jock. I can’t tell if he’s going to be a douche or end up as a nice guy – his face could really be either.
- Alex, 28, is pretty cute but I’m not sure if he’ll be cut out for the show. He likes practical gifts and wants a woman to pursue him. You never succeed if you want the Bachelor(ette) to pursue you.
- Blake E is 31 and an aspiring drummer. 100% not here for the right reasons, and in general seems shitty. His most outrageous moment is getting engaged to a “crazy girl” and calls himself a “classic gentleman” because he’d give a girl red roses. Or, he just knows what show he’s applying to? Oh, and he wants to watch 50 Shades right now because he likes “taboo sexy stuff.” I’m not a fan. We met him on AFTR and they were a little awkward. Nothing to really write home about, though.
- Brady, 29, is a model. I don’t want to make any assumptions, but he’s here to further that. He does seem self-aware though, and all the ‘bro’ assumptions I had about him are a little confused from his bio. The person he dislikes most in the world is Mike the Situation because he has a bro attitude he couldn’t handle?.. interesting.
- Bryan is pretty old for this show, coming in at 37, and seems a little more self-centered than I’d like. He wants to be Bill Gates for a day so that he can feel gratification in donating billions – not because he wants to help people, but because he wants to feel good? It’s a weird way to phrase that if nothing else.
- Bryce is 30 and a “laid back shot of gasoline when the fire starts to die.” Whatever that means. Oh, and he said his ideal job is as a professional Instragrammer. AKA what everyone who goes on these shows becomes. Yikes.
- Dean, 26, was also from the AFTR pre-introductions and make a “going black” joke. Because that’s what we need this season, right? So far, he’s exactly what I’m afraid of for this season, and I hope he doesn’t stick around too much. I think my favourite part of his bio was when he said marriage is an institutionalised sham – but still expects to get married. Whaaaaat?
- We met DeMario, 30, in AFTR when he showed up with a fake ring and plane ticket to Vegas. It was the silly type of meeting you get from the limo exits all the time, but it’s weird doing that in front of a live audience. He has a lot of personality in his bio, but it’s the outrageous kind that I don’t think I want to see all season.
- Diggy, 31, is pretty cute but ends up talking about a sex positions contest and not helping a woman who’s brother was missing after sleeping with her. Seems like a swell guy.
- I swear Fred, 27, is lying about his age. He looks like one of the older contestants on this show, but I guess that’s just his haircut or something? He seems unabashedly honest but I don’t know if that’s good for this show or not.
- Grant, 29, isn’t cute, he isn’t funny in his ‘joke answers,’ and he doesn’t seem that fun either. Sounds like a real treat.
- Iggy, 30, is cute with a boring bio. Hopefully, he brings some energy on camera.
- Jack Stone is 32 and a fellow lawyer, so that might bring a bit of a connection. Unfortunately, he looks like might be a jerk and I can’t stand the double name thing… but his bio’s interesting. We’ll see, I guess!
- Another cute guy this season is Jamey, 32. Red flags: he has no female friends, only identifies his ideal mate as looking like a model, and doesn’t have a 5-year plan.
- Jedidiah, 35, is another ER doctor and he seems intelligent but I don’t really know what to make of him, personality-wise.
- Jonathon, 31, has the occupation of tickle monster. I’m not kidding. Does he have kids? That’s the only way that could be slightly less weird. He’s also been divorced (and thinks an engagement ring is the most romantic present he’s ever given), and describes himself as sexually lasting a long time “in a good way.”
- Kyle, 26, selects gluten-free alternatives for literally no reason – he doesn’t even know what it is. Otherwise, he seems pretty good though.
- Lee, 30, is a singer/songwriter and likely isn’t there for the right reasons… but he seems pretty nice, all in all.
- Lucas, 30, listed “whaboom” as his profession. Not sure what that is? Don’t worry, I had no clue either. Chris Harrison described this as “It’s a lifestyle. It’s an essence. It’s who he is. […] It’s a noun, it’s a verb, it’s an adverb. You can be Whaboom, you can be Whaboomed, and you can Whaboom. You can call somebody a Whaboom.” What.The.Fuck? He’s definitely the weird guy of the season.
- Matt, 32, will likely have a lot of inner-city kids stories through his volunteer work, but otherwise, I can’t really tell you anything about him. Am I getting tired of these men, or are they getting more boring? I can’t tell.
- Michael, 26, is similar to many men this season with a love of Denzel Washington. Add an interest in finding out how Barack Obama overcame diversity and a contract to play basketball in Bulgaria, and you’ve got Michael. He seems alright but there’s not much to go on.
- Milton, 31, wants to be discovered and thinks romanticism is showing weakness. Surprisingly, I’m not too keen on that outlook.
- Mohit, 26, seems like a goofy guy on the show (dressing up as gluten for Halloween, tabasco in the bedroom) but also has some real words on relationships. He could bring some good entertainment for this show!
- Rob, 30, is a law student and isn’t American? I don’t know, there was a cryptic ‘US alien’ comment but he never said where he is from…
Let’s be real. Pretty much everyone on these shows is there for fame so it’ll be tough to really know who is there for the right reasons until we start watching. Who are your favourites so far? Let me know on Twitter @reviewsbylauren!