This category has been pretty clearly decided since Darkest Hour was released. Gary Oldman is locked in to win with his incredible performance as Winston Churchill. Especially as he hasn’t won before, it would be a stunning upset if he doesn’t take the statuette tomorrow night.
- Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour (2 nominations)
- Timothée Chalamet, Call Me By Your Name (1st nomination)
- Daniel Kaluuya, Get Out (1st nomination)
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Phantom Thread (6 nominations, 3 wins)
- Denzel Washington, Roman J Israel, Esq (8 nominations, 2 wins)