It’s that time of year again—it’s FabFitFun time! Autumn is almost upon us and with my favourite season comes sweater weather, pumpkin spice lattes (what can I say, I’m basic), and the Fall box! In years past, this season box has been my favourite because of all the cozy gear and beautiful objects. Did it live up to my hype, this time around?
Unfortunately, it wasn’t my favourite box I’ve received… but there’s still a lot of great goodies inside! Check below for my thoughts on each of the items!
- Luna Rica bar (sponsored, no price value): although I liked the bar because it was tasty, there are very few options on Canadian Amazon and they’re pretty expensive… $30 for 15 bars is a little much.
- Alfred Teapot ($26): Here, everyone got the choice of a French press ($22) or flowery teapot. Although the teapot looks a lot more like a Spring item over Fall… I’m still really fond of it. It’s the perfect size for the big Friends-size mugs I have without any waste, plus with the infuser, I can use my loose teas without getting leaves in my cup. What more could I want?
- Simply Whimsical Tea Towels ($14.99): With both the teapot/coffee pot and these towels, it’s clear that FFF got the message that people want more home goods in their boxes. These towels are a neutral colour that should work with any kitchen, but they also have a simple yet cute geometric pattern that’ll up the glam in anyone’s space.
- Vince Camuto Luck Tote ($128): honestly… this item kind of sucks and I can’t imagine anyone would ever drop that money on it. This isn’t the flat-bottom tote style that lets you carry everything you need, and it’s also so floppy that it doesn’t even look great to wear. What’s the point you ask? Well, I wouldn’t pay half the price on it, which is a shame because I normally like Vince Camuto! Instead of this item, everyone had the choice to select a 6 piece makeup brush set for $75 that would have been a great option.
- Catherine Malandrino Umbrella in ‘Red Floral’ ($39.99): First up: who spends $40 on an umbrella?!? Other than that, this is a pretty cute box item and I love that it’s just one button push to open it up. Since I’m in Vancouver, this will get a lot of use for the next six months or so—and the patterns are so cute! If you’re not feeling an umbrella, you could also select Bluetooth earbuds instead for $40.
- Skin&Co Roma Blue in Capri Shower Oil ($22): I’ve got to be honest, this was not the scent for me. I feel like all of the scented products FFF chooses have been really overpowering and the opposite of what I wanted—but I’m really picky with those things. This sage and alpine rose scent was a bit too earthy for my liking while also adding too much sweetness. I was able to gift this to a friend pretty quick though, it seems like a lot of others really liked it.
- Grown Alchemist Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser ($49): One product I’m always excited to try is a new cleanser. I probably have a ton of them in my bathroom already, but it all depends on what I’m looking for on that morning or evening. This Grown Alchemist product is really smooth but a little too heavy for me. Even when I’m all made up, it just felt like too much power for too little payoff. I’ll continue using it, but it won’t be a go-to for that price tag.
- BeautyBlender ($20): everyone knows how these blenders work and most people seem to love them, so it was pretty exciting to find out this was one of the items everyone was receiving. Success!
- Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream ($38): I’m always on the hunt for new face creams and eye treatments so this was a fun experiment. Although I probably wouldn’t buy it again since I like trying new brands, this had a very natural, fresh feel and it seemed to bring a little softness and lightness to the area—even with my dark circles! Select (annual) members also had the choice to get a Touch In Sol lipstick duo for $24.99 or Cuccio detox bath salts for $39.95.
- GlamGlow Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Mask ($18): GlamGlow is such an Instagrammable brand and that’s no different with these bubble face masks. These are probably some of the comfiest sheet masks to wear since they’re so oxygenated, but it’s certainly a weird experience on your first one. Quick tip: make sure you’re ready to quickly throw this mask on immediately after opening the package—the bubbles start blowing up at the slightest touch of oxygen and that makes it a little trickier to put on than the regular sheet mask. Great photos, though!
Overall, this box came in at a whopping $285.97–375.94. Unlike some of the previous boxes where that amount felt quite honest, this seemed like some of the top end prices were inflated to get there. Not that I’m hating on FFF though, there were a lot of fun items I’ll get a good amount of use of in here… it was just a little underwhelming after how much Summer won over everyone.
To get your own box, go to FabFitFun and use the code HARVEST for $10 off your first subscription!