The shorts are some of the trickier categories for most people to predict as almost no one gets to see these films, unless they are lucky enough to find them played together at a local film festival. Each film has a link to their trailer, so you’ll get some sense of what each is like.
Most of this year’s nominees bring attention to the world as a fractured place, either through comedy or drama. Day One follows a translator on her first day… Read more “Best Live Action Short”
The shorts are some of the trickier categories for most people to predict as almost no one gets to see these films, unless they are lucky enough… Read more “Oscars 2015 — Live Action Short”
These shorts run from light-hearted comedy to deadly serious dramas to an engaging thriller. The standout of the five nominees was Just Before Losing Everything, a thrilling, captivating story of a woman trying to escape the husband she fears before it’s too late. Click links for trailers.
- Avant Que De Tout Perdre (Just Before Losing Everything) – A woman escapes from her terrifying husband along with her two children. This thrilling short captivates for the 29 minute runtime, giving the audiences an immediate adrenaline rush mixed with just enough dread.
- The Voorman Problem – Martin Freeman stars in this comedic short where he must determine the sanity of Mr Voorman, a prisoner who believes he’s a god.
- Helium – A dying boy is told tales of a magical land by the hospital janitor.
- Pitaako Mun Kaikki Hoitaa? (Do I Have to Take Care of Everything?) – Having children can be chaotic, as is shown in this comedy about one morning where a mother tries to take care of everything herself.
- Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn’t Me) – Courage and forgiveness feature heavily in this story about soldiers told from the perspective of the killers.